Hauling Thoughts

 


You might not know this but back in the day Eve used to have a tv show called the o7 Show. It was pretty awesome and they talked about news, had guests, and showed clips, etc. CCP Mimic and CCP Guard were the main hosts, although other Devs would also appear and share hosting duties. It was a great concept and I was sorry to see it vanish. Although The Pulse is also solid and goodness knows it took a lot of effort to pull the show together on a regular basis.

At one point they asked the community to suggest regular on-going features for the o7 Show. This was an opportunity I couldn't pass up, so I came up with an admittedly very strange idea. I often make very long and very boring trips to Jita in my Freighter to pick up supplies, at least once a month or so. These trips are slooooow and boring, so to pass the time I often think of weird things. Like what the in-flight movie might be - for example today's trip (which I just finished) the in-flight movie was The Fast and The Furious XXXXIII in which Dom's 500th generation clone supes up his Rifter for a heist and needs the family to get him out of trouble. It's not a bad film per se, but the seams are starting to show.

So I pitched this "Deep Thoughts" concept to CCP and they loved the idea. I loved the idea, but probably for much different reasons. I thought it was hysterical to put these on in the middle of the show and totally confuse the crap out of the audience. Believe it or not they let me get away with this for six episodes before the show changed format and then eventually stopped production. I joke, but these are probably the weirdest and most off-beat videos that have ever been seen on an official CCP product since the devs took over that power station way back in the day.

As Eve continues to get older and the turn-over in the player base continues, I thought it would be a good time to re-share these for all of you younger players out there. So enjoy the Hauling Thoughts Collection.