The Super Secrets

 


This is going to be a frustrating post. I'd like to apologize ahead of time. It is not intentional. But I've been posting far less frequently lately and I feel like I owe my readers an explanation or two. Or, barring that lofty goal, at least more thinly veiled teasers about stuff I can't talk about right now. I've been posting less because I am very, very busy on several fronts. So let's start there.

By now most of you are aware that I am working with Ian Chisholm on Clear Skies IV. This has been going on since early 2020 or so. Lots of pre-production design work back in those early days and voice-over work for a small part Ian included for me into the story, which he previewed back at Fanfest early last year. I am happy to report that work was re-recorded shortly after Fanfest and is much improved over what was seen in that special preview. Mostly my work involves creating UI screens, ship navigation controls, and pretty much anything that involves monitors or graphics for walls, controls, signage, and things in the background. 

Stuff like this:

I don't think he'll mind me sharing that one as it is just a background sign for a scene. I have created navigational controls for several spaceships, each of which has its own unique challenges. And recently designed a control system based on what I think "Jovian" technology might look like. I have no idea what most of these designs are being used for, because outside of my own section of the story, I have not seen or read the script. Just like you, I don't want the story spoiled for me.

So rest assured progress is being made on Clear Skies IV. 

Earlier this year I was contacted about a very special project that I've been working hard on since February. I can't get into any more details about this project right now because I am under an NDA. Trust me, I wish I could tell you more. What I can tell you is this - this is something I am extremely excited about and would have been devastated if it had happened without me being involved. I can also tell you that I've been hard at work on illustration and design work for this project, and just yesterday finished the first batch of 32 illustrations for it! That represents three months of intense work on my part and I'm thrilled with the results.

I can also share that this project MIGHT be revealed publicly in September. And if you are good with dates you can make your own assumptions about what else is happening in September. These plans are still plans as I write these words, so don't hold me to anything right now.

I also got involved with a start-up and was asked to design the branding for a new game they are developing. During the course of that project, and talking with those involved, I was asked to come onboard as the Art and Marketing Lead for the new team. This one is so fresh I'm having my onboarding meeting tonight. And, once again, NDA. But this is an exciting opportunity and gets my foot in the door at a game development role with a group who is working on some exciting potential games. I can't even share more than that to be honest, because I'm not even aware of everything yet.

This one is truly early days. Ground floor stuff. So we'll see how it develops.

Exciting times. And time intensive stuff. Which has made staying up to date here in these pages challenging to say the least. But I wanted to take a moment and bring you up to date as best I can. This is not even all of it, but the rest aren't as serious or haven't resolved themselves into anything yet. And, as always, I continue to support the Rixx Store - having just recently released the new Hecate Illustration.

Whew. As always I will share more information when I can.