State of the Store

 


Just a quick post today in the middle of a very, very busy time here in the World HQ. The image above is a quick sketch I did yesterday I thought I'd share with you. I wanted to just sit down and hammer something out in a short period of time, something loose, something sketchy, and something that I didn't plan out ahead of time. I didn't manage to do it all in one sitting, other things kept getting in the way - but I did finish it in one day. Probably about 3-4 hours in total. It's nothing more than a quick sketch, but it achieved my goal.

Speaking of art, I get a lot of questions about the Eve Store and when it will be back up and why I took it down in the first place. These decisions have nothing to do with CCP or the community, trust me. This was all about my own personal life and the things we are doing over this Summer. It is extremely complicated to explain without getting more personal than I need to get. It is nothing negative. In fact, it is all great news. The store was originally set-up in a specific way that increasingly caused me problems, issues with back-end management mostly. It is entirely financial and it was needlessly complicated. The only real way to fix it was to take it down temporarily and re-launch it with those issues corrected. Now I'm just waiting on a few other items to fall into place and it should be up again here in a few short weeks.

I could launch it today. The reason I'm not has to do with something else entirely - which also happens to be the other reason why it came down. I'm knee deep in another project which has been eating up my time this Summer. Again, another great reason and all positive. This project is one that I am very excited about and can't wait to be able to share with you - very soon. Maybe even this week...

So there you go. A lot of words about a few very simple things that all got wrapped up together over the Summer. And should be resolved here shortly.

I'm a perfectionist to a certain degree. So I want to get everything running properly.

Hang in there.