A Rare Look

 

Yesterday I was looking for a file that someone had requested and realized that my folders had gotten pretty spread out over the past two years. Partly this happened because I added a huge hard drive to my system to store all the back-ups for my artwork. You wouldn't believe the size of some of these files. Insane. Anyway, I need to start consolidating and getting things organized... again.

What you see above is a new folder I created yesterday called "Community" and the contents of that folder will be essentially everything I've ever created for the Eve Community over the past sixteen years. Right now I think I'm at about the half-way point on accomplishing this. After everything is finally organized the next phase is to go through each folder and decide what stays and what goes. As much as I'd like to keep everything, there is really no need to keep every single file. Inside those folders are work files, reference files, word files, logs, and lots and lots of etc. Which I doubt I'll ever need for a decade old alliance logo. I try to only keep things that might be useful at some point.


That is the oldest piece currently in the folder. Completed on December 12th, 2008 about three months after I started playing Eve. It was a banner I created for the CVA forums while I was living down in Providence and before I became the Minister of Propaganda.

I've never really shared anything like that before, so a rare glimpse from behind the curtain. And a look at my file folder organization style. Honestly it is really a glimpse back at the history of Eve Online and blogs, podcasts, and other groups that are no longer with us - and some that endure. Once I get everything finally in there and organized I may share it again. Or not.

Anyway, I figured there might be 2-3 people who care about such things.