1v1 Eve Comic Book

 


Back in 2010 I came into work early one morning and drew a Maller on a post-it-note. It made me laugh, so I drew an Atron next to it saying, "Why the long face?" and so was born a very silly long line of single panel comics I named 1v1. Over 120 of them and almost 15 years later and I'd like to collect them all into a very special little collection. And while CCP seems determined to prevent me from creating books of my art and/or adventures in Eve Online (Believe me, I've asked) I think this one should be ok because it will be printed on-demand through my online store-front.

I discovered the other day that my supplier can print three different sized books of up to 200 pages each - on-demand! I'm just getting started down this road, but it looks like the quality is there and the price is about what you'd think it'd be. Should be around the 25 bucks range + shipping. I think.

Anyway, lots to do before that. Those early comics were sketched out on notepads and scanned into the computer. I've updated the process a lot in the years since then, so I'd like to re-master those early strips. My idea is to print one comic per spread with a a little background story, history, about the strip, the idea, and what inspired it. And by so doing, capture some of Eve's history in a new way.

I'd like to have the book available for purchase by the new year. We'll see how it goes.