Updated Portfolio

 


This week I decided to finally get around to updating and revising my portfolio.

I made the decision to focus my portfolio on illustration and remove all the old advertising and design work from my history. I'm still proud of all that work, but it is increasingly irrelevant and only gets older every day that passes. Especially now in this weird "AI" world we find ourselves living in.

Earlier today I had a brief conversation with an artist I admire. He has noticed lately that MetaAI is marking a lot of his work as "Likely Made Using AI" on Instagram. Which would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic. Not only is his work exceptional, clearly hand-drawn, and a large portion of it was created before AI came along - but AI was also trained on his work. So to turn around now and tag it like that is pretty horrible. He is not alone.

For 15+ years I made a living in Eve Online by creating well over two thousand Alliance logos for ISK. My price during that time frame was always the same, no matter how big the Alliance. Doing this gave me the ability to avoid PvE and most of the in-game money making scramble that most players have to deal with. Of course I worked my butt off for that privilege. So it wasn't exactly a short-cut, but something I truly enjoyed doing. That work has largely dried up. The last Alliance logo I completed was back in March. Since then several other potential projects went the AI route. In fact you can see the rise of AI Alliance logos in-game.

Which is fine. I've been trying to slowly stop doing that work for years now. There are only so many ways of creating wormholes, fire, triangles, skulls, and infinity loops in a 512x512 space that looks good on the side of a spaceship. Trust me, you would never believe some of the things I've been asked to do.

Anyway, portfolio updated. I have some more tinkering to do with it, but that is always the case.

As always commissions are open if anyone is interested.

Cheers.