Terrible, Horrible, No Good Day

 


Over the past month or so I've been struggling to figure out why I randomly seem to suffer from issues that cause my ships to explode. Mods won't activate. Mods will overheat and not-overheat, but not actually activate. Mods will seemingly activate, but strangely not do anything. I can smash click, or smash the keys and literally nothing happens. Again, this all seems rather random. And I've been losing ships at a rather alarming rate recently due to the issue.

I've posted a bunch of examples on various shorts on my YouTube channel. Even when I do get the mods working, I'm often starting fights already deep into a hole. This has been an extremely frustrating Summer. I've been clearing cache files, double clicking the ESC menu, cleaning keyboards and my mouse, testing, re-starting - all the typical things. I even sent a video to FC. And nothing seems to be working.

This all came to a rather horrible head yesterday. Which is sad, because otherwise my day was going great. I had just released my new Alliance Tournament trailer and was feeling really good about my Eve Online session. Then I lost three ships in a row. And I was so pissed off about these losses that I didn't even check that I had Snakes in my head and jumped into a triple bubble camp in it. Yep, that is the kind of day I had.

The first fight was only partially due to these issues. My Cat Navy wouldn't warp, so I ended up tangling with a Pilgrim and hoping help would arrive in time to save me. And while I lasted a lot longer than I had any right to, help did not arrive in time. This happens. And in isolation, no big deal. But my day was just getting started.

I grabbed a Coercer Navy and went hunting. Blow off some steam. My first fight was with a Thrasher Fleet Issue and I was deep into structure when I finally got the guns working. I don't think my ship even moved. Boom. Now I'm really mad.

So I cleared cache for the 2nd time and re-started everything. Jumped into a Thrasher Fleet and went looking for another fight. I needed to dig myself out of this slump. I saw a Pioneer in a site and thought this would be a good place to start. It warped off. And so did I... but nope. I did not warp off. And that's when the Cynabal landed.

I actually was a little bitchy in local. So I convo'd Zaneti to apologize and explain, I wasn't angry at him. I was just angry at the situation. We had a good chat and turns out he had a similar problem, although his turned out to mostly be his keyboard. During our chat I am warping my pod back home to call it a night. That's when I fell into the gate camp.

I asked if they would let a poor Pirate through. And one of them actually took their bubble down to let me pass. But the other two did not. That's when I discovered I had Snakes in from the other night when we were in Orthrus' chasing some ships around. Totally my fault of course. But it did manage to put a rather horrid cherry on top of a big pile of dung.

I suspect it is my internet connection. While we did get upgraded earlier this year to full fiber-optic zoom zooms, it has also been struggling over the summer. And I don't believe that is a coincidence. But I will continue to do what I can and hopefully things will clear up once all the internet sucking school children are back in school.

Otherwise this pirate might be spending more time sitting in the station.


Comments