JAMS | New Album Released

 


I've released my first album of original Eve Online themed music across 21 streaming platforms this week and it is now available on Spotify and Apple Music, it should also be rolling out to other platforms as well during the week.

The album is inspired by my life-long love for Hip Hop and all the various genres within the movement. And I freely admit, right up front here, that while I wrote all the words to these songs - I did use Suno to help me create the music. My tongue is firmly in my cheek here and I hope the sense of humor, love for Eve Online, and my passion for Low Security space and the pirate play-style are fully on display. I'm not pretending to be anything other than a person who is having a lot of fun making these. But I also believe that Low Security space is a rather lawless dark water neighborhood, and needs to be celebrated as such. Thematically these songs are each written by me in different "Hip-Hop" styles and each captures the attitude and personality of Low Sec pirate life.

The album contains nine original songs. I thought I'd share a little about each one and what inspired them.

1. Flying Dirty - I wrote a lot of these lyrics way back in February but didn't have a hook yet. I wanted something that captured the attitude of flying around space with bounties on your head, the cops chasing you, and everyone in local hating you for being a pirate. And then Weird Al's "White and Nerdy" played on my mix in the car and I was trying to remember what the original song was he was using. That song is called Ridin' by Chamillionaire, "Patrollin' and tryna catch me ridin' dirty". Boom, Flying Dirty was just what I was looking for.

2. One Fifty - Rapping about your guns is a long tradition and that is exactly what this song is about, except it is 150mm Rail Guns on my Comet. My favorite lyric:

"Somebody yellin', "Blob him!"

Tell 'em form a line.

I've been fightin' outnumbered

Since before downtime.

Five on one?

Sounds like Tuesday.

Wake up in a clone,

Do it all a new day."

3. No Sleep Til HED-GP - One of two Beastie Boy inspired songs on the album, this one was suggested by my good friend CrazyKinux. I have to say writing like this is not as easy as I thought it would be. But this song was a cake walk next to the work I had to do on the other one. (Number 6)

4. Good Fight - An earlier version of this song appears at the end of one of our Safe Spot podcasts. But that version was never really working for me. So I kept working on it, trying to figure out what it wanted to be.

5. Black Rise - Talk about the neighborhood. Rapping about the Hood you call home is one of the biggest traditions in all of Hip Hop - so I had to call out my homies. And while I technically live in Placid, that doesn't make for a very good song.

6. Stay Frosty Beat - This is the other Beastie Boys inspired song and every good Hip Hop album has to have at least one chest thumping propaganda song on it. 

7. No Fight - Like Good Fight, this is another song that I just couldn't stop working on until I got it nailed down. This one goes out to every pilot who runs away when I land on grid.

8. Overheated - I wanted one "Umbrella" style song and I imagined what a station would be like after the gang docked up after a long roam. Really proud of this one.

9. F**K CONCORD! - I'm a huge NWA fan and this one is in honor of the boys from Compton. If you don't get the reference, I can't help you. This one contains explicit lyrics and captures what I believe to be the true spirit of Low Security space.


JAMS. The Rook on the cover, the songs inside, makes me laugh. Lighten up, have a drink, get your homies together and jam it out. And, most importantly, enjoy!

I've got another album in the works. This one is called "ROCKS"