Yesterday I was out and about in various ships, watching people run away, and generally having a pretty crap day. I was so certain that nothing of note would happen that I wasn't even running screen capture. Which, as it turns out, is a bummer. Since you'll only have my words about the fight.
I was in my Vigil Fleet Issue roaming around trying to find someone willing to stand and fight, when I noticed the other Vigil Fleet Issue on scan. This is the best thing. Finding the same ship alone in a plex and hopefully they will stay and engage me. Which they did. And we went at it. I admit up front that I was feeling a little rusty in the little ship, it had been a few weeks since I had fought in one.
But it was a good fight. And things were getting very, very tight. You can just tell when things are not exactly going your way, but many frigate fights come down to the last second. So I wasn't worried. And then I exploded. Which is exactly how these things go, you are insanely focused right up until the last second. You have to be. Well, I thought, good fight. Except the other guy was also in his pod.
Turns out we solo'd each other.
This is his killmail. And this is mine.
Both our final blows were in space at the same exact time.
This is rare. Extremely rare. But it does happen. Probably a total of ten times in all my years of playing Eve. And often those are in fleet fights, or small gang situations. It is even rarer for it to happen in a perfect 1v1. I can only think of one other time and I can't find that one on the killboard.
Not much else to add to the story. We were both surprised and had a good laugh about it.
Eve never stops surprising you.

Comments