Day of the Hunt

The Hunt For Rixx Javix is today at 22:00 Eve time until 23:00 Eve time, maybe even a tad longer - who knows.  I thought I'd start this post and update it as the day goes along.  I also plan a pretty thorough telling of anything that happens during the Hunt.


15:00 Hours
Having already bought and fit the RED OCTOBER I decided to fly from Rens down into Molden Heath so I'd be ready to go at 22:00.  That was easy enough and I've docked in a station somewhere in a low-sec system in that region.  So I'm all set up and ready to undock.


What do I expect?  Not much really, to be honest I don't think much will happen, I don't give myself that much credit.  So I will be the hunter at first and try to get into some fights.  Maybe someone will come along in response to this post and maybe I'll be exploded by a total stranger... who knows?  But that's why I'm doing it.  For the same reason I do everything, for some fun.  So let's see what happens.


22:26 Hours
Congratulations to CaptainHeroUK and Talinthi both of The Gentlemen of Low Moral Fibre for killing me proper.  They were waiting for me in Bosena where I had docked up, but they weren't on station.  I warped to a planet and then a belt, and then to planet 7 and Captain showed up in his Cane at about 30k.  I waited to see if he would aggress and he did, so I pointed the Red October in his direction and started my attack run.


I am the first to admit that I am rusty at this point, I haven't played much lately and the rust is showing.  I thought I could close the distance to his Cane so I waited and didn't switch out my ammo.  By the time I realized I wasn't going to close fast enough his buddy showed up in his Cyclone.  I switched my drones and attention to the Cyclone, but my earlier mistake cost me the fight.


My Corp m8 Eradicator44 showed up in his Cane to help (Which I didn't know about before!) and he also died after I had podded out.  I distributed the 300m based on the percentage of damage they each did and we all "gf"ed each other in local.  It was a good clean fight and exactly what I was hoping for.  Although I was also hoping to do a bit better, I was also fully prepared to die.  The point wasn't winning or losing, but just to have a shot at a good fight.


So thanks to CaptainHero and Talinthi.  Good fight.


I am re-fitting another ship and headed back out.  Why not?




"hiya rixx, just wanted to thank you for making this a fun evening. I read your blog and when i heard about the opportunity to come along and have a go at shooting you I couldnt resist. Also thanks for the isk injection it will help a lot. Thanks again bud, good fight and keep up the blog."
Cheers - CaptainHeroUK



23:50
So Angor calls me up and says come on over to Verge and get into a fight.  It's 22j away and I know I'll be flying into a trap, so I go anyway.  You might find this line of thinking odd, but I figure I owe him.  I've killed him three times and he's never gotten the chance to return the favor.  Once I killed him because he asked me to, once I killed him because he was red and made the mistake of coming around, and once I killed him by accident during one of our "test" fights - so he was due.  Plus I was bored.  


So I flew all the way across the universe to get killed.  The problem is this, the stupid Eve Gate thingie means Angor was still set Blue to me.  So when I switched my overview settings over to PvP he didn't show up.  So I land on the planet surrounded by Tuskers, a Dramiel and a Drake - plus Angor's invisible Cane.  I'm doomed of course, but I go for the Dramiel in the hopes of at least killing the tackle.  When I should have gone for Angor's Cane, I probably would've killed him again.  Needless to say I died and then the expected happend, they grabbed my pod and demanded ransom.



Angor Mau > o/
Rixx Javix > o/
ItsmeHcK1 > o/
Rixx Javix > scum sucking pirates
Angor Mau > how much is your pod worth to ya?
ItsmeHcK1 > ^^
Rixx Javix > i dunno its a long drive back to impass
ItsmeHcK1 > No implants?
Rixx Javix > yeah a few of course
ItsmeHcK1 > Let's start small here.
ItsmeHcK1 > 1b!
Rixx Javix > lol not that many implants
leyo690 > 900 M ?
ItsmeHcK1 > 100M then? :P
Rixx Javix > thats closer
Angor Mau > 50m?
Rixx Javix > seriously name your price guys
ItsmeHcK1 > So, you seriously came down here to let us kill you? :P
Rixx Javix > im not gonna haggle
Rixx Javix > i did
Rixx Javix > i was bored
ItsmeHcK1 > That is... quite strange.
Rixx Javix > i am odd
Rixx Javix > sov war will do it to you
Angor Mau > 50m and your pod is free
Rixx Javix > agreed
ItsmeHcK1 > And shiny belt rats with officer spawns.
Rixx Javix > who do i make the check to?
ItsmeHcK1 > I will neut you down though, just in case!
Angor Mau > make my wallet blink
Rixx Javix > im good on my word
Rixx Javix > expensive day for me :)
ItsmeHcK1 > :P
ItsmeHcK1 > You nullsec ratters make way too much anyway. :P
Rixx Javix > i dont rat
[Angor Mau > you are free to go
Rixx Javix > u guys are still scum sucking pirates though
Rixx Javix > i'd have paid 100m
ItsmeHcK1 > Well, you did come all the way to get killed.
Rixx Javix > true
ItsmeHcK1 > It's only reasonable to return the favor. :)
Rixx Javix > lol
Rixx Javix > gf


The sucky part is the this however, I got podded a couple of jumps out of Rens by the smartbombing a-hat on a gate.  So boom back to Impass minus my implants.  Which is no big deal since I always have spares in the hanger.  Still all in all it was an extremely expensive day for RJ.  But it wasn't boring and I did manage to get two good fights out of it.


Now back to the grind.  While I was away someone put our station into RF.