In A Nutshell



This post has nothing to do with me. I wasn't there. But it illustrates some of the things about being in low-sec that are hard to explain to people that have never experienced it before. The mentality of most Eve pilots having been groomed on Null sec and hi-sec expectations - of status settings, of blues and reds and neutrals. You'll see what I mean.


So a couple of my Alliance mates are out yesterday scanning for Wormholes. These are both Douchington pilots, they know who they are (I don't mention their names because I don't know who the one is, it wasn't mentioned in the after action report which I am using to write this post). What happened in the first WH isn't as important as what one of them found in the second.


2x Revelation
1x Archon
1x Chimera
12x Tengu
1x Rapier


It is important to remember that this is ONE pilot scanning a WH in his cloaky Loki. The details of what happens next are not really important to the point of this post. You can see the results on this Battle Report for yourself. Like I said, I wasn't there and I don't like writing about things I didn't experience for myself. If those involved want to add detail I encourage them to do so in the comments.


Our Alliance doesn't have a single blue standing. There are those on that Battle Report that would shoot me if they had the chance and those that I would shoot if the shoe was on the other foot. Heck, except for the pilots in our own Alliance they are all neutral or red to us, and us to them.


I wrote a post earlier this month about Pirates really being more like Opportunistic Hunters. That description is more apt than "pirate" in my opinion. When opportunity strikes the call goes out and friends set aside the "standings" to work together to take advantage of opportunity. It is a community event unlike anything you will find in Null or in any other sector of New Eden. It is unique to low sec and the 'pirate' community.


Hard to explain if you haven't experienced it for yourself. All I know is, I woke up this morning and saw these kills on the killboard and felt extremely proud of those involved. Special shout-out to Dale LoMass for sticking his neck out in his super-expensive Loki and holding things together long enough for back-up to arrive. Well done.


Also kudos to our other Alliance pilots:
• Mtitus - Douchingtons
• ItsmeHcK1 - Lucifer's Hammer
• Barricade87 - Douchingtons


I wish I had been there. Did I mention this all started with two pilots? One that went looking even deeper? ONE. Now that is truly an example of the sandbox we play in.