Just a small post to note a recent milestone. Yesterday I managed to score my 18,000th kill in Eve Online. You can watch the action in this short I posted this morning.
I couldn't have planned this any better to be honest. I was cruising around Black Rise looking for good fights and happened to land with this Imicus Navy pilot. It was a solid fight even though it took a while for my mods to start working. I'm still having issues with that. In fact, I landed on him again later in the roam and this time the mod issue cost me my Comet. Which is only fair. I keep clearing my Cache files and that seems to help for a day or so, but then it starts up again.
Anyway, I took my sorry ass pod towards home and stopped in a station for a break. Turns out I had sequestered some Frigates in that station over the years, so I grabbed a fitted Rifter and started back towards home. This Rifter might have been in that station for a decade or more, who really knows. I believe it came from an Average Pilot who retired and left me a bunch of ships about seven or eight years ago. But either way, I wasn't really planning on using it for combat.
But then I spotted the Thrasher. And honestly I couldn't resist. To be in a Rifter and go up against a Destroyer for my milestone victory was something I just couldn't ignore. As you can see from the footage I did not pod the other pilot and, in fact, I made a generous donation to his wallet to mark the occasion.
I don't mention my Killboard much in these pages these days. The last milestone I wrote a post about was my 15,000th back in September of 2024. There is a contingent of players in this community that hate when I talk about my Killboard, so I tend to just ignore it. And, if you doubt that, please feel free to check out Eve-Kill and marvel at the 15,000 shuttles that still show on my kb on that site. I won't be linking that in these pages. We use zKill here.
And I won't mention it again until 20k. Probably sometime around a year or so from now. 20k has been my personal goal since day one when the PvP bug bit me and gave me radioactive enhanced pew pew abilities and drove me into piracy at an early age. This is how I became your friendly neighborhood pirate. It is a crazy origin story.
So allow me this brief note of humility to end with today. There are about a thousand pilots in this game with more kills. And there are great pilots in this game with less kills. I've flown with, against, and among many of them. And I've appreciated, marveled, and learned from all of them. As I've said many, many times before - a Killboard is simply a journal. As more and more time passes statistics tend to accumulate. That is the nature of such things. But, in the end, it is the people that truly matter.
Still, having said that - still pretty cool.