Rixx's Journal Entry | May 29, 2009
"Interesting morning. As usual I jumped into my Crow and warped to the F9E gate in DG and as usual was the first one there. A few more blues showed up and I scanned the intel channels. A red Vaga jumped into sys and I warped to gate, locked him down and started scramming him. We didn't have enough DPS on gate and he popped my Crow. I went back to station and bought another Crow down in Meetpoint, the only one around, capsuled down there and re-fitted and returned to DG. By this time a small gate camp gang was forming and I joined up, we warped to gate and started camping. A few reds in sys, including Taanu the Vaga that popped me earlier. I wanted revenge, but wouldn't get the chance. A Dominix approached the gate and once again I locked him down, scrammed and started shooting. Once again we didn't have the DPS to take him down quickly and once again I was popped. Luckily we did kill him and I got some satisfaction from being on the km. But now I am totally out of Crows and the nearest ones are 11 jumps away.
I bought 3 new Crows up in Pig Sty and took the Badger up to pick them up. Made the run up and back without problems and got one re-fitted quickly. Good thing as the reds were still around. A cloaked Nemesis tried to gank me outside the station but he had no chance with me in my Battle Badger! I actually hung around outside the station for awhile to let him try, just to see how well the thing was tanked. Once the shields went down I docked and gave him some lip in local. I don't normally EVER talk in local, but sometimes - especially after the morning I had - you can't help yourself. Joined a CVA led gang (about 31 ships) into red space, excellent fleet with a good solid FC. We chased and we were chased back and forth from HED/SV5/F9E for awhile and I got plenty of chances to get my revenge for this morning. Got an Onyx, a Broadsword and a Zealot. I think I was also on 2 other kills, but they haven't been posted yet and probably won't be. Oh well, up to 61 now on the LFA killboard.
64 I mean. Went on a quick roam with Angor as FC, we popped a Helios at the gate waiting for the gang to form up and I got a Manticore as well. The rest of the kills were old ones that finally showed up, not all of them but it helps. We almost got DD'd by a AAA Titan that cyno'd in on us in SV5, but we were at the gate and jumped just in time. We lost one ship to bombers and one to friendly fire, which I think might be the first time I've seen that happen. Noobs."
------------------------------
Before I started writing in these pages I would often write down what had happened each day inside the game in a text file I kept. Sadly most of those entries have been lost to time, except one month's worth. Of which the above is one day.
Not much has changed in my daily routine inside of Eve. I'm no longer in Providence obviously. And these days I can fly almost every ship in the game, or all the ones I want to fly. But I still log in, undock, and look for trouble. That is essentially what I do every single day. And what I have done now for 18 years. As of Monday September 21st, 2026.
Everything else has changed. And it would be impossible to try and re-count all the ways in which that statement is true. I never imagined it. But I was never against the idea either. I knew I was entering unknown territory. And I knew rather quickly that Eve was something I wanted to excel at. It was challenging in ways other games had never been. It wasn't about memorizing key combinations, or how quickly you could swing your remote, or discern enemies against an impossible perspective. It was much, much more than that. And I admittedly fell in love with it.
And I've made a lifetime of friendships because of it. I've watched young people I once flew next to in-game grow up, have children, get married, start careers, join Fenris, travel, explore, and live their lives. Some have stayed. Some moved on. And some we lost along the way.
I've played the game inside of Eve and outside of Eve. I've had my account stolen. I've been bullied, called names, accused of terrible crimes, had my name dragged through the garbage, been slandered, libeled, and much, much worse. I've substituted for Chribba. I've been called the second most trusted player in Eve and a scammer, liar, and thief. I've freely given billions in ISK to other players and have been accused of stealing from other players. I've known heads of major Alliances and shared drinks with players from all over the world. I've apologized to many. I've blown up thousands. I've started Corps, lost Corps, and watched Alliances burn. I've flown in 27 Alliance Tournament matches. And I've travelled to other countries to share my passion for this game.
They say you cannot win Eve Online. I say that is a blatant lie. Because I've won Eve Online. Many times. And I will continue to win at this game for as long as I can. Each and every day.
I don't know when I will undock for the last time. But until then I will continue to try and excel at it. In small ways and in larger ways. I will continue to overcome all the challenges this universe keeps throwing at me. And laugh in the face of adversity. And keep winning.
Who knows what might happen next. And, even as I write these words, I'm looking forward to undocking later today when I log in.
Here's to the next 18. Why the Hell not?
