ONE YEAR BLOGGERVERSARY!

EVEOGANDA is one year old!


A year ago I finally decided to start writing an Eve related blog and talk about my experiences in-game and the fan art that I was doing at the time.  I couldn't have possibly imagined at the time the response I would get from the Eve community, the hundreds of fellow players I would meet and the opportunities that would present themselves through this blog magazine thingie that I've been doing since January last year.


I started with the promise to myself that I would write in the blog every day that I played Eve and I am happy to report  (360 posts later!) that I have kept to that promise.  Sometimes more than one for every day I played Eve.  


I also promised myself that I wouldn't keep track of the traffic to the blog, since I had no desire to know what was 'popular' or not.  Personally I kept that promise, but sadly (as I only discovered recently) Blogger didn't.  Apparently at some point over the Summer, Blogger incorporated a statistic feature into the software.  Whatever, I don't really have anything to compare the numbers to, nor do I care.  I do find it interesting what posts are popular, that is an interesting bit of human psychology on its own.


In the last year I have completed 78 projects for fellow Eve players, bloggers, corporations and Alliances.  Those 78 projects represent hundreds of individual pieces of art, logos and other materials (even one Tattoo!).  I've had a blast helping to provide this work, meeting new people and generally making the Eve community a tad better looking.  LOL.


It would be remiss of me not to give a shout-out to CrazyKinux and thank him for being quick to accept the blog into the Eve Blog Pack.  I suspect that had more to do with openings that were available at the time and not some strangely out-of-place sense that he had about me, but I can't be sure.  Either way, his generosity went a long way into helping Eveoganda find an audience and for that he will forever have my appreciation.


I would also like to thank each of my fellow Eve Bloggers.  You are all an inspiration and a source for ideas to steal from, each and every day.  Blogging can often be hard work, and lonely, but having such a great community to live amongst is truly an honor.  There are those of you that have been doing this a lot longer than I have and you have my sincere respect.  I have no way of knowing how much longer I will be writing, but you've blazed the path forward already.  


And to all the commenters, thank you.  I've said before that I have the most intelligent group of commenters within the Eve community, and while that is a bit of a placation, I am sincere when I say I appreciate each and every comment.  You often see things differently, change my opinion totally, or help show me the error of my ways.  I certainly don't know everything and you have never been afraid to point that out.  Thanks.


I thought I would take a moment and select my ten favorite moments from the last year.  These are not the most popular posts, or the ones I got the most comments on, or even the most important (if any can be said to meet that criteria), but simply the ten that I think represent certain milestones along the way.  My newer readers may have missed them and my longer-termed members may appreciate the memory.


In no particular order, my ten favorite moments from the last year.


A Question of Loyalty (Part One, Part Two, Part Three and Part Four )
This series of posts pretty much sums up my history in Eve, at least up until the last one was written, very nicely.  While I have been around the block a few times, it hasn't been without common thread and mission.


True Sansha: Eve Fiction
The only short story fiction I've written in the pages of Eveoganda.  This one was done as part of a contest CCP was having I believe.  Or not, can't remember.  Either way I liked the way it turned out and wish I had more time to write more of these.


Idiot's Guide (Flying in Zero Space, Bookmarks, Bombing)
While I don't pretend to be an expert on anything, these guides are useful layman's guides to getting around certain aspects of Eve.  While most guides tend toward the technical, I always try to write the way I play, casual.


I Hate CVA (Eveotorial: CVA, CVA, and others you can search out yourselves.)
It's only a game, but nothing would make me happier than watching a certain Alliance failscade.  They ask for it and it will happen eventually.  So I suppose I have to keep writing at least that long.


Making Fun of CCP  (Re: CCP Servers, Re: CCP Servers Again)
I don't even remember exactly what happened, but CCP's servers went down for a day or so and I decided it was time to tell the untold story about what must have happened.  Honestly I think it's some of the most fun I've had and these two posts are some of the funniest I've written.


Please Quit
Back in August it seemed like everyone was emo-rage quitting Eve.  The CSM was in turmoil, CCP wasn't listening and a bunch of people just left.  I decided I'd had enough and it was time to call them on it.  I've had my fair share of rants and rages in the last year, but this was my favorite.


Noob Wonder
I just think it captures the spirit of Eve and says things I think bear repeating.  I personally read it every so often when I feel like I've lost my way.


Gooder Eve  (Search for them, or click the link at the top of the page)
This is a whole series of articles on ways to make Eve more gooder.  Some are serious, some are silly, but they are all intended to get people talking.  One of them was even picked up by EON a few issues back.  These are some of my most popular posts and also some of my personal favorites.


The Pod Captain Debate
The original post had over 85 comments!  Sadly they were all lost when I switched comment systems, but the re-post still generated some comments.  This is probably the one post I've written that got more attention than any other.  Everyone has their own ideas about what goes on inside our ships.


Being A Hero Pilot
This post sums up Rixx more than any other and encapsulates his attitude about flying his ships.  If you want to know what makes Rixx tick, read this post.  It's one of my all time favorites.




Certainly creating and running the Death Race last year was probably the highlight of the year for me as well, but that was an in-game event and not exclusively a Eveoganda thing.


I'm looking forward to another year.  Hanging out with all of you every day, fighting in spaceships, getting annoyed at CCP, wondering who keeps trying to hack my account, putting up with getting dc'd, lag, Gate camps, low-sec whining, pirates, CVA, and all the other stuff that goes into making Eve the greatest thing since they put a pocket on a shirt.


Thanks.