Best of 2023

 


On January 10th Eveoganda will be 14 years old. But before I celebrate that milestone, allow me this moment to look back at the past year and celebrate some of the milestones from 2023.

Back on January 3rd I launched a new illustration series over at RixxJavix.com featuring the new faction ships recently introduced into the game. The entire series is now available for purchase.

In February I started what would become a year-long series taking a deep look into the current state of piracy inside of New Eden. This series examined the recent FW changes and their impact on our chosen play style, a subject that is obviously close to my heart. And while I freely admit that many of my positions on the subject are often misunderstood or taken out of context - I also brought my readers into the turmoil of my own thinking. These are not easy subjects.

The Mythic Quest was another important post and part of a larger series examining the proper mental states needed to successfully play Eve Online for an extended period of time. These are among my best work this past year.

Stay Frosty turned 10 years old in 2023

In March we hosted the 9th Annual Frigate Free For All (FF4A).

We remain hopeful that someday Eve might find its way into the mainstream media.

If you want to cause problems in the Eve community just try and say that maybe Cynos should be looked at closely.

The Gila Art Print was released in May, which in my own humble opinion, might just be my best work ever.

I also enjoyed Rushlock reading my blog posts.

For a couple of months in 2023 I had to close the Rixx Store so I could fix some issues that were creating problems for me in real life. It was all resolved and the store is back up and running full steam now.

The Dying Breed. I wrote another 2 part series on the state of piracy in Eve. Nothing has changed and I remain concerned about this subject even today.

I took a year off from the Alliance Tournament and our team lost both matches, Will we participate this coming year? 

In August the Eve Board Game was announced!! And yes, I am still working on this project and have been since February 2023. Almost a year now.

Believe it or not I have been playing Eve for 16 years!

In September I made the difficult decision to turn-off comments on Eveoganda. It is impossible at the moment to properly guard against scammers and spam, I continue to hope that the situation is fixed.

Oh and we had a Fanfest. Honestly the best Fanfest ever and I wrote three posts about it, this is just the first one.

I released a documentary about Svipul.

A Pirate Battleship with negative sec status bonuses?!?! Make it happen.


A lot happened in 2023. I scored my 12,000th kill in Eve Online. I celebrated my Corporations 10th Anniversary. We traveled to Iceland and had an incredible Fanfest. And I spent the year working on a project that is truly something special - the Eve Board Game. Which I will be looking forward to finally sharing with you in 2024. It was a truly great year.

And I can't wait to see what the next year brings. But thank you for continuing to read and for sharing this journey with me. I sincerely appreciate it.

Onward & Upward.